Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com> on 2005/08/15 22:30:15 UTC

Parameterized Link Submit Component???

Hi,
I have been using links (DirectLink) for to "execute" some action.  Typically, I use it for deletes and edits.  I can specify which item to delete or edit via a parameter.  I started using trying to use them for navigational purposes, only to realize that they don't "submit" the form.  Therefore, my navigation succeeds, but my data never gets "posted" back to the back end.  I have looked at the available components, even the third-party ones and I don't seem to find a combination of a Submit Link with Parameters.  So, has anyone written a parameterized SubmitLink?  Or has thoughts about how to create one?

thanks,

Mark

Re: Parameterized Link Submit Component???

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Mark Stang wrote:

>Hi,
>I have been using links (DirectLink) for to "execute" some action.  Typically, I use it for deletes and edits.  I can specify which item to delete or edit via a parameter.  I started using trying to use them for navigational purposes, only to realize that they don't "submit" the form.  Therefore, my navigation succeeds, but my data never gets "posted" back to the back end.  I have looked at the available components, even the third-party ones and I don't seem to find a combination of a Submit Link with Parameters.  So, has anyone written a parameterized SubmitLink?  Or has thoughts about how to create one?

Is this what you're after?

    http://www.jroller.com/page/gstamp/20050514

Maybe I should put it up on Tassel

Regards,