Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Mathias Meyer <me...@paperplanes.de> on 2011/01/11 20:54:41 UTC

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

On Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011 at 19:51, Paul Davis wrote:

> Vote is recalled due to Robert Newson's veto.
>
> Expect round three after the bug fix.

Curious over here, is COUCHDB-1021 considered a common issue? I honestly wouldn't want to see this happen to us after we upgraded to 1.0.2, so if it is I'd like to see this fixed before the next 1.0.2 round, especially if it's just a tiny patch.

Cheers, Mathias
--
http://scalarium.com | http://www.paperplanes.de
http://twitter.com/roidrage

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Sebastian Cohnen
<se...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> unless someone discover another 968 (in terms of seriousness) I think 1.0.2 should be released ASP. Many people are waiting for this release...

I'm waiting for it too. But I want to have time to test it seriously.

- benoît

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
I agree that there are already more than enough serious and not so
serious issues fixed to justify a 1.0.2 release. If we keep waiting
and waiting, there are always issues being reported and discovered
every day/week, therefore always delaying a release.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:38, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2011, at 18:00, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> What is this now? The US Senate? I thought we were better than that.
>
> I'll filibuster us into November if you're not careful, Mister.

Noah for president.

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 trillion.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

I think a new release candidate from the tip of 1.0.x
(3674f2a2ef778bdf211426d9e804192e22cd26ad in github " ensure
write_streamed_attachment bails on negative LenLeft values"

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Volker Mische <vo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm just asking for 1 or 2 days, that's not to much.

I make Volker's words my own.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess you all have time to test in real condition last patches, I
> didn't.

s/have/had

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2011, at 14:06, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> Vote was stopped yesterday, in any serious businness, we would wait a little.
>
> If Paul works on the release today, you're going to have 4 days to find any problems with the current code. Should that be long enough? That's twice the 1 or 2 days you mention.

That should be good. I'm blocking the time to test it today and
tomorrow at least :)

- benoit

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gabriel Farrell <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Filipe David Manana
<fd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Vote was stopped yesterday, in any serious businness, we would wait a little.
>
> Apache CouchDB is not a business, it's an open source and community project.
>
> Besides that we're talking a about a minor, maintenance release.
> Nothing stops us to release a 1.0.3 one minute after if needed.

Agreed. We're incrementing a revision number here, right? Release
early, release often!

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Filipe David Manana
<fd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Vote was stopped yesterday, in any serious businness, we would wait a little.
>
> Apache CouchDB is not a business, it's an open source and community project.
>
> Besides that we're talking a about a minor, maintenance release.
> Nothing stops us to release a 1.0.3 one minute after if needed.
>

>> - benoît

Well just human time :) Testing is a long process as you know :)

- benoit

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Filipe David Manana
>> <fd...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I reiterate (and Adam can confirm): the current replicator does not
>>> use the document GET multipart APIs (multipart/related and
>>> multipart/mixed).
>>> (And neither does any other component of CouchDB)
>>>

>> oh I trust you. I want to confirm the problem I have is due to this one.
>>
> ok tested on 4 machines. I can confirm that my replication pb was only
> betweeb 1.1x/1.2 and 1.0.1/0.11 machines. 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2 works. 1.0.2
> -> 1.1x works now too. Will do more tests toight on different
> machines.
>
> - benoît

I'm so confused by this thread.

Should I remake the tarballs today or not?

Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.