Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz> on 2019/02/14 20:14:41 UTC

Batik release process

Dear All,

would it be possible to have release candidates first before publishing the
final version in future?

Since 1.8 release both Squiggle and Rasterizer apps were broken so I tested
them in this release again. Rasterizer is Ok, but when running Squiggle, I
am getting:

("java.io.FilePermission", "D:\batik-1.11\lib\batik-svgbrowser-1.11.jar"
"read")
 at ...

Not all policy entries seem to be Ok (batik-svgbrowser is indeed missing in
/xmlgraphics/batik/trunk/batik-rasterizer/src/main/resources/org/apache/bati
k/apps/rasterizer/resources/rasterizer.policy)

There are also other minor issues:
(1) In the lib folder I can see older Xerces release (2.9.1. vs most recent
2.12.0).
(2) License/Redme file version do not match the lib versions (e.g. Xerces is
still 2_5_0)

I believe other eyes could prevent such issues before publishing.

Thanks,

Jan

RE: Batik release process

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't get the access denied error, can you raise a bug with replicate
steps.

Thanks

The release candidate vote was made on the xmlgraphics general mailing list.

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@xmlgraphics.apache.org

Thanks

RE: Batik release process

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.