Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Siegfried.Wirth" <si...@capgemini-sdm.com> on 2009/08/06 20:50:25 UTC

JMS Priority

Hi Camel-Riders,
with http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1689 JMS priorities can
be set using the header JMSPriority. It seems to me that this works only if
a priority >= 1 is definied. Is there any reason that priority 0 is reset to
default priority? As far as I have found information about jms and
priorities in the sun documentation values from 0...9 are permitted. On the
other side the camel documentation for JMS
(http://camel.apache.org/jms.html) states for the endpoint priority value
(where 0 works fine): "Values of > 1 specify the message priority when
sending, if the explicitQosEnabled property is specified (with 0 as the
lowest priority and 9 as the highest)" :confused:

Thanks,
Siegfried Wirth

Re: JMS Priority

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Siegfried

Thanks for spotting this. I have committed a fix so you can pass in 0
as value for JMSPriority as well.

SVN log:

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:50 PM,
Siegfried.Wirth<si...@capgemini-sdm.com> wrote:

> Hi Camel-Riders,
> with http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1689 JMS priorities can
> be set using the header JMSPriority. It seems to me that this works only if
> a priority >= 1 is definied. Is there any reason that priority 0 is reset to
> default priority? As far as I have found information about jms and
> priorities in the sun documentation values from 0...9 are permitted. On the
> other side the camel documentation for JMS
> (http://camel.apache.org/jms.html) states for the endpoint priority value
> (where 0 works fine): "Values of > 1 specify the message priority when
> sending, if the explicitQosEnabled property is specified (with 0 as the
> lowest priority and 9 as the highest)" :confused:
>
> Thanks,
> Siegfried Wirth

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer