Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by vikas patil <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/31 10:38:10 UTC

Unable to deploy applications quickly.

Hello all,
           I am using the geronimo web based console for the deployment of
my application wars. But it is becoming difficult for me every time to debug
the application and test it over by deploying it every time I make changes.
           So kindly suggest me an alternative to this browser based
console.
           Thanks and regards.

--
Yours ,

Vikas A Patil

Re: Unable to deploy applications quickly.

Posted by adarsh R <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

There is a concept of Hot-Deploy in Geronimo. Find out about that, it may
help you.

All the best.

Posted by vikas patil <vi...@gmail.com>.
       No I am not using the Eclipse IDE. Is there something similar to the
deployment provided by the apache web server where we just put in the cgi
scripts in /var/www/cgi-bin and it gets deployed automatically.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vikas,
Not sure what version of Geronimo are you using but either way take a look at this doc, all the deployment options and commands are covered there.

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC12/deployer-tool.html

Let us know if you need more details on any specific option.

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by vikas patil <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for the help. I just put up a .bat file for undeploying my web
application and then deploying it in-place without archiving it. That solves
my problem.

Posted by vikas patil <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,
              Thanks for the help.
               But the inplace deployment I tried to use doesn't seem to
work well. Though I could directly deploy my web-app-home directory without
creating an archive, I did not see any changes happening when i edited my
JSP files in my web-app-home directory.
               Please correct me if I am wrong in assuming that the inplace
deployment works in the above mentioned way.

Regards,

Posted by Lasantha Ranaweera <la...@opensource.lk>.
Thanks for correcting me. :)

Posted by DR...@bfm.bm.