Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Anthony Gardner <cy...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/03/22 16:40:31 UTC

Partial HTML

We're having some problems with the floowing errors ....

Apache2 IO flush: (103) Software caused connection abort at -e line 0
child pid 31533 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

(not following each other like that. A lot of requests can be made before one of them appears)

We are going to recompile MP2 with DEBUG enabled but in the meantime, I have a question.

If Partial HTML is sent  to the client,  could it possibly cause the IO flush error? The HTML in question would be something like <div>.....</div> and sent back thus ....

print $cgi->header( "text/html" );
print $html;  ## <div>.....</div>

Is MP waiting to flush the rest of the non existing HTML? Has thoi code confused MP?

Any advice on this would be great.

CIA -Ants

---------------------------------
 All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Re: Partial HTML

Posted by Anthony Gardner <cy...@yahoo.co.uk>.
We are running through a load balancer with port forwarding. Why could it be at that end?

What this project have coded is a "sub request" to get data from our server to include in the original call .... hence the HTML is only partial. When I say "sub request" I mean, they go via the outside world. So it's really a second request.

I have just been looking to see if that can be done with an $r->internal_redirect() but it doesn't work.

$subr= $r->lookup_file( '/some/path' );
$subr->run()

only returns the RC_CODE and $r->internal_redirect()  doesn't return anything.

At present, I think they want to keep the second request to produce stats. So, I would like to keep the second request internally to prevent possible timeouts etc while maintaining their stats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CIA

-Ants

Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com> wrote:
On Mar 22, 2007, at 11:40 AM, Anthony Gardner wrote:

> If Partial HTML is sent  to the client,  could it possibly cause
> the IO flush error? The HTML in question would be something like
 and sent back thus ....

are you running through a load balancer / proxy ?  it could be on
that end.

---------------------------------

Re: Partial HTML

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.

Re: Partial HTML

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 3/22/07, Anthony Gardner <cy...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> If Partial HTML is sent  to the client,  could it possibly cause the IO
> flush error? The HTML in question would be something like <div>.....</div>
> and sent back thus ....

No, mod_perl doesn't know anything about HTML or care what content you
send to the client.  Those errors are probably just normal lost
connections with clients.

- Perrin