Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shailesh Potnis <po...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/01 23:58:13 UTC

Axis2 clustering error

Hi:

I am trying to get a better understanding of the following parameters and how to set them for Axis 2. 1.5 cluster:

mcastBindAddress

localMemberHost

I have set mcastBindAddress to 127.0.0.1 and localMemberHost to IP address of one of the hosts in the cluster.  (I tried to set localMemberHost to 127.0.0.1 as well but I get an error that it cannot bind to that address as well)  (I have hidden the actual IP address to protect confidential information)

I used WSO2 Carbon Cluster Configuration Language which indicated that localMemberHost should be set to a value other than localhost and may set it to the IP address bound to the network interface which is used for
communicating with members in the group. (I am trying to determine what that address might be)

http://wso2.org/library/articles/wso2-carbon-cluster-configuration-language

All helpful suggestions are highly appreciated.

I get the following error:

[INFO] Deploying JAXWS annotated class sample.jaxws.Version as a service - JAXWS
Version.VersionPort
[INFO] Initializing cluster...
[INFO] Cluster domain: apache.axis2.domain
[INFO] Using multicast based membership management scheme
Feb 1, 2010 3:56:07 PM org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase bind
INFO: Unable to bind server socket to:/xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4099 throwing error.
Feb 1, 2010 3:56:07 PM org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver star
SEVERE: Unable to start cluster receiver
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:
119)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:52)
        at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase.bind(ReceiverBase.j
ava:205)
        at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase.bind(ReceiverBase.j
ava:217)
        at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase.bind(ReceiverBase.j
ava:217)
@

............................. additional stack omitted.

 Thank You and Best Regards

Sincerely

Shailesh

Re: Axis2 clustering error

Posted by Shailesh Potnis <po...@yahoo.com>.
It got resolved when I commented out the localMemberHost element.

 Thank You and Best Regards

Sincerely

Shailesh