Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rakesh Thakoordyal <ra...@rogers.com> on 2013/01/22 03:21:29 UTC

Interested in writing documentation

Hello,

I'd like to join the Apache organization writing documentation for the Open Office suite, or other Apache products.  In my day job I write developer's documentation, use cases, step-wise instructions, respond to questions from users, and maintain an internal wiki.  I'd like to build my own portfolio of work however (separate from my "day job work")  and read that the Apache organization would be a great way to do this.

In terms of formal training, I've completed a technical writing course and have a degree in I.T.

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I feel that I'd be able a productive contributor to the team and am willing to start with any application / task.  Please let me know what I need to do to be involved.

Thank You,

Rakesh.

Re: Interested in writing documentation

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

2013/1/22 Rakesh Thakoordyal <ra...@rogers.com>:
> I'd like to join the Apache organization writing documentation for the Open Office suite, or other Apache products.  In my day job I write developer's documentation, use cases, step-wise instructions, respond to questions from users, and maintain an internal wiki.  I'd like to build my own portfolio of work however (separate from my "day job work")  and read that the Apache organization would be a great way to do this.

Welcome Rakesh.

You can subscribe in mailing to documentation [1].

1 - doc-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org