Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by _elgato <el...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/05 23:49:51 UTC

Error loading result file with ~/ prefix in Windows 10

Hi everyone,

After running in some problems trying to load a file in the View
Result Tree window I realized that JMeter will throw an error if we
press Enter in the Write results to file / Read from file field while
the filename contains the relative path default prefix (~/), the same
problem will not appear if the filename does not contain the prefix
and the file will load correctly after pressing Enter.

Here is a simple repo test plan:
https://gist.github.com/elgatov/a2d8736e1c083095278eca846c09671e

1. Download the file to any folder.
2. Run jmeter from the same folder to set the user.dir to that folder
3. Run the test plan
4. Go to "Relative path with prefix", click in the Write results to
file / Read from file field and press Enter. A new window will popup
with message "Error loading results file - could not open file"
5. Go to "Relative path without prefix", click in the Write results to
file / Read from file field and press Enter. The file loads correctly.

Why does this happen?

Thank you.
Regards.

Re: Error loading result file with ~/ prefix in Windows 10

Posted by _elgato <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi glinius,

thanks for your reply. I was under the impressiĆ³n that ~/ meant:

"Name of the file containing sample results. The file name can be
specified using either a relative or an absolute path name. Relative
paths are resolved relative to the current working directory (which
defaults to the bin/ directory). JMeter also support paths relative to
the directory containing the current test plan (JMX file). If the path
name begins with "~/" (or whatever is in the
jmeter.save.saveservice.base_prefix JMeter property), then the path is
assumed to be relative to the JMX file location." as declared in
https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#listeners

However another definition is "Prefix used to identify filenames that
are relative to the current base.
Defaults to: ~/" in
https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/properties_reference.html#results_file_config

So running jmeter from the folder where the jmx is located
~/resulttree.xml should load correctly. But it works if we delete ~/
from the filename.

Thank you.
Regards.