Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Wei Chu <wa...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/17 23:53:18 UTC

Updating MXNet release runbook

Hi dev community,

In the MXNet release runbook, we have a step for <Backward Compatibility checker>: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Release+Process#ReleaseProcess-NightlyTests
This step is a part of the nightly test pipeline and it's been failing in the past 11 months: https://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/view/Nightly%20Tests/

Similarly, we have a step for <Ensure that PR verification is enabled for the target release branch> in the runbook. This step has not been executed after MXNet 1.4 release: https://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/job/incubator-mxnet/.

I am wondering if these two steps are still needed? If not, can we consider to remove them from the runbook?

Best,
Wei

Re: Updating MXNet release runbook

Posted by Tao Lv <mu...@gmail.com>.
The doc folder doesn't affect the functionality of oneDNN library, so I
think it's safe to remove it from the release source package.

BTW, it seems that OFL is on the category B list [1]. I'm curious to know
if it is possible to resolve the license issue by adding proper
descriptions in LICENSE or DISCLAIMER?

[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#weak-copyleft-licenses

thanks,
-tao