Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> on 2014/10/13 00:07:14 UTC

Wanted 3rd party examples for Tour De Flex

Hi,

I've just implemented 3rd party component support in Tour De Flex. Is there anyone who wants their components in the Tour De Flex application?

Given we had 10,000+ views since it launch it's probably a good way to get exposure :-)

I just need:
- Component name
- Optional URL to swf showing information about the component

The optional swf should fix the the top right content area and be something along the lines of the Apache Flex pages. eg http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/?app=apache/ApacheFlex4_10_0

And for each example
- Example name
- Example URL to swf
- One or more source URLs

The swf should fit in the top right content area.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34501

Re: Wanted 3rd party examples for Tour De Flex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Updated, can you please check now?

Looks good to me. But you may want to checkout TourDeFlex, compile it and see how it goes.

I've committed the changes o the 3rd party file into git.

Justin

Re: Wanted 3rd party examples for Tour De Flex

Posted by "Flexicious.com" <fl...@gmail.com>.
Updated, can you please check now?

Posted by "Flexicious.com" <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin, we have the three swfs that I think should fit in the area.

http://www.flexicious.com/resources/demo/FlexiciousClassic.swf
http://www.flexicious.com/resources/demo/FlexiciousUltimate.swf
http://www.flexicious.com/resources/demo/FlexiciousDashboard.swf

Please let me know if that does not do it.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Flexicious.com" <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin, If we break it down, it would end up with hundreds of examples.
And some of our examples are components that do take up a lot of screen
real estate (for example, we have a portal/dashboard component that is
quite big). Maybe having a scrollbar on the demo would help?
We had the same link provided to Adobe when they hosted TDF.

If that does not do it, we can put up a swf with a brief description of the
component and have a "Launch Demo" button that launches the actual demo.
Let us know what you want us to do.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the links.

> Example link:
> http://www.flexicious.com/resources/dashboard30/componentsample.swf

This example is really too big to fit into the content area. Could they be broken up into individual examples?

> Source Link:
> http://www.flexicious.com/resources/dashboard30/srcview/index.html

Currently we not supporting src view style / HTML formatted code, any chance of a plain text file?

> Example Link : http://www.flexicious.com/resources/Ultimate/TreeGrid.swf

Likewise this example is really an explorer of it's own ie a collection of examples rather than a list of individual examples.

> Example Link: http://www.flexicious.com/resources/Flex4/Main.swf

Again any chance this could be broken up into individual examples?

I guess an alternative to breaking it up, would be to make 3 place holder swf pages with some information in them that include external links to those collections of examples. Again it would be best if the place holder pages fitted into the content area along the lines of http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/?app=apache/ApacheFlex4_10_0

Posted by "Flexicious.com" <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin, Thanks a lot for doing this:

Do these work?
​​
Example name : Flexicious Dashboard Framework

<http://www.flexicious.com/resources/dashboard30/componentsample.html>wf

Source Link:
http://www.flexicious.com/resources/dashboard30/srcview/index.html

Example name : Flexicious Ultimate DataGrid:

Example Link : http://www.flexicious.com/resources/Ultimate/TreeGrid.
<http://www.flexicious.com/resources/Ultimate/TreeGrid.html>s
<http://www.flexicious.com/resources/dashboard30/componentsample.html>wf

Source Link : http://www.flexicious.com/resources/Ultimate
/srcview/index.html

Example name : Flexicious Classic DataGrid(s):

Example Link: http://www.flexicious.com/resources/Flex4/Main.s
<http://www.flexicious.com/resources/Flex4/Main.html>wf

Source Link: http://www.flexicious.com/resources/Flex4/srcview/index.html

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I updated the app to fill out the available space by setting the
> Application container to a width and height of 100%.

Could be a caching issue but I'm still see the same issue.

> Hopefully the swf fills the available space now.  I have posted the code
> for this mini-application below in case it is helpful.

Thanks for that it useful for other people who want to provide examples.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Wanted 3rd party examples for Tour De Flex

Posted by Jake Knerr <ja...@ardisialabs.com>.
Hi Justin,

I uploaded the new swf to: http://www.ardisialabs.com/swfs/TourDeFlex.swf.

Hopefully the swf fills the available space now.  I have posted the code
for this mini-application below in case it is helpful.

- Jake

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
   width="100%" height="100%">
 <fx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import flash.net.navigateToURL;
]]>
</fx:Script>
 <s:Panel id="mainPanel"
 width="100%" height="100%"
 title="Ardisia Component Library">
 <s:VGroup horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0"
  width="400"
  horizontalAlign="center"
  gap="20">
<s:Label text="Ardisia Component Library"
 fontSize="13" fontWeight="bold"/>
<s:Label width="100%"
 text="The Ardisia Component Library includes over 70 components, from
performant UI controls to charts, scheduling classes, and much more."/>
<s:Button width="200"
  label="Launch Demo"
  click="navigateToURL(new URLRequest('http://ardisialabs.com/tour-de-flex'),
'_blank');"/>
<s:Image source="@Embed(source='rollup.jpg')"
 click="navigateToURL(new URLRequest('http://ardisialabs.com/tour-de-flex'),
'_blank');"
 buttonMode="true"/>
</s:VGroup>
 </s:Panel>
</s:Application>

--
Jake Knerr - Flex Developer
Ardisia Labs

Re: Wanted 3rd party examples for Tour De Flex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jake Knerr <ja...@ardisialabs.com>.
Hi Justin,

Will this swf work as a third party example for the Tour De Flex?

http://www.ardisialabs.com/swfs/TourDeFlex.swf

Thanks in advance and thanks for all your hard work.

- Jake