Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/18 16:25:55 UTC

Starting final push for Roller 5.0

After I do a little more testing and update the documentation, I plan
to start creating Roller 5.0 release candidate builds.

Here's the 5.0 proposal:
   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Apache+Roller+5.0+Release

Here's the JIRA change list: http://bit.ly/3CUxm0
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310906&styleName=Html&version=12313828

If you've changes that you'd like to get in, then please speak up.

Thanks,
- Dave

Re: Starting final push for Roller 5.0

Posted by Matthew Montgomery <Ma...@Sun.COM>.
On Oct 18, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Dave wrote:

> After I do a little more testing and update the documentation, I plan
> to start creating Roller 5.0 release candidate builds.
>
> Here's the 5.0 proposal:
>   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Apache+Roller+5.0+Release
>
> Here's the JIRA change list: http://bit.ly/3CUxm0
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310906&styleName=Html&version=12313828
>
> If you've changes that you'd like to get in, then please speak up.
>
> Thanks,
> - Dave

Hi all,

I have added an updated patch to (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1822
) as generated against the Roller trunk. It updates the export
functionality in the following ways.

1. Fixes a bug related to replacing the base resource URL. Greedy vs.
reluctant quantifiers in the regular expression.

2. Adds a new MT Import option that replaces all new lines with a
space. I found that WordPress will often replace any newline with a
"<br>" thus breaking the intended formatting of a post.

3. Adds an Atom export option using Abdera. This code is commented out
and left in place merely for reference, in case Dave wants to go
rework it for ROME.

4. Some code cleanup here and there.

This with the exception of the Roller 5.0 changes and the commenting
out of the Atom option, represents what we are currently running on blogs.sun.com
  (Roller 4.0.1+).

Matthew Montgomery
Web Engineering
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Re: Starting final push for Roller 5.0

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
I support this approach and will try to help with the testing.
--a.

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Looks good to me too.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.