Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Matteo Luzzi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/17 10:06:51 UTC

can't get oozie working

Hello! I'm new on this mailing list since I just started looking into oozie

I'm trying to run oozie 4.2.0 on hadoop 2.7.0 working in a
psudo-distributed mode on my local machine. I built a distro of oozie
binding it to the correct hadoop version I'm using, then, according to the
documentation I did the following steps
Created a folder called *libext* where I put a .zip of *ext-2.2* library
Lauched the commands : oozie-setup.sh prepare-war, ooziedb.sh create
-sqlfile oozie.sql -run, oozied.sh start

Everything went fine, in fact I can navigate localhost:11000/oozie/ and
also if I execute oozie admin -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -status the
server replies with *NORMAL*.

However I'm not able to launch any jobs, neither the examples. After moving
the example folder in the correct position on HDSF if I execute
oozie job -oozie localhost:11000/oozie -config
/path/to/examples/apps/map-reduce/job.properties -run the server replies
with
*Error: HTTP error code: 500 : Internal Server Error*.
Same situation if I try to submit a workflow programmatically using the
Java API.

Looking at the oozie.log file I get the following error/warning:

ERROR V2AdminServlet:517 - SERVER[myserver] USER[-] GROUP[-] TOKEN[-]
APP[-] JOB[-] ACTION[-] URL[GET
http://localhost:11000/oozie/v2/admin/instrumentation?_dc=1437056225186] error,
null java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.oozie.service.ShareLibService.getLatestLibPath(ShareLibService.java:687)
at
org.apache.oozie.service.ShareLibService$7.getValue(ShareLibService.java:742)
at
org.apache.oozie.service.ShareLibService$7.getValue(ShareLibService.java:737)
at
org.apache.oozie.servlet.BaseAdminServlet.instrElementsToJson(BaseAdminServlet.java:312)
at
org.apache.oozie.servlet.BaseAdminServlet.instrToJson(BaseAdminServlet.java:339)
at
org.apache.oozie.servlet.BaseAdminServlet.sendInstrumentationResponse(BaseAdminServlet.java:396)
at
org.apache.oozie.servlet.V2AdminServlet.sendInstrumentationResponse(V2AdminServlet.java:124)
at
org.apache.oozie.servlet.BaseAdminServlet.doGet(BaseAdminServlet.java:127)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)

everytime I refresh the webapp interface and

AuthenticationToken
ignored:org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.SignerException:
Invalid signature

everytime I submit a workflow either via command line

I cant even get it working in local mode. I get all the jobs sumbitted to
local server killed. I thought it could have been an hadoop problem, but
everything seems fine

My working environment:

Mac Os Yosemite
java version "1.8.0_45"
Hadoop 2.7.0
oozie 4.2.0
Apache Maven 3.3.3

Can anyone help me to get it working?

--
Matteo Remo Luzzi

Re: can't get oozie working

Posted by Matteo Luzzi <ma...@gmail.com>.
I finally get it working! Even if I deployed the ShareLib into HDFS I kept
having that nullpointerexception error. The cause of it was again common-io
library:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/Charsets
at org.apache.hadoop.security.Credentials.<clinit>(Credentials.java:222)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.<init>(JobConf.java:334)
at
org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.createJobConf(HadoopAccessorService.java:297)
at org.apache.oozie.service.ShareLibService.init(ShareLibService.java:125)
... 29 more

An update of the library from 2.1 to 2.4 into
oozie_webapp_folder/WEB-INF/lib solved my problem

--
Matteo Remo Luzzi

Re: can't get oozie working

Posted by Matteo Luzzi <ma...@gmail.com>.