Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/02/09 11:13:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Hi!

I developed an API to bootstrap and control CDI containers from within a SE application [1].
This was originally developed to make OpenWebBeans SE applications easily testable, but it also can be used for SE applications in general!

There is already an implementation for OpenWebBeans [2] and it would be really easy to also provide the same for various Weld versions.

wdyt? Could be nice to import this as

core/bootstrap/api
core/bootstrap/owb
and add a new
core/bootstrap/weld

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/trunk/webbeans-test/cditest/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/cditest/
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/trunk/webbeans-test/cditest-owb/

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi mark,

some months ago i used it. back then some parts just worked for simple
use-cases and therefore i had to combine it with some mocks of myfaces-test.
-> i agree with pete.

based on our discussion workflow [1] i can provide what i did and we can
discuss the details.

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://s.apache.org/oo

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
short addition:

artifactId: deltaspike-cdi-se
groupId something like: org.apache.deltaspike.jse-support

regards,
gerhard

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
oki, what about:

project module name: cdise
package: cdise
Interface: CdiContainer

?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@module name:

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
short addition:

the branch itself is at [1].

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://s.apache.org/zK

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi pete,

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi folks!

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
I had a quick chat with Gerhard and he is right that we only need the Context control for container-provided scopes.

For all other 3rd-party scopes we know which one we need/use anyway. So we can just invoke them from directly from the SE application without loosing any portability!
But it's really important for the container built-in scopes!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Pete!

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.
My first thoughts:

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!

It would be absolutely great for CDI-1.0 and we might still provide it for CDI-1.1 containers by just 1:1 delegating through.
Thus said I'm not sure how long it will take for the first cdi-1.1 containers to become mainstream...
It could also serve as playground for testing the cdi-1.1 API.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: [DISCUSS] bootstrap api

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.