Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by sandeep gururaj <sa...@Chordiant.com> on 2008/02/08 12:52:58 UTC

(Trinidad) Refreshing error messages

Hello All,

I have a form with 3 input fields and a command button. All 3 input
fields are mandatory (i.e required="true" is set). Now when I enter
values for all 3 input fields and click on the command button, I invoke
an action method that compares the values for the first 2 input fields.
If value of field-1 is not same as that of field-2, an error message
saying "Field-1 is not same as Field-2" is displayed on the UI;
otherwise, the 3 values are processed and a success message is
displayed.

Consider now that I enter 2 different values for field-1 and field-2 and
I also enter a value for field-3. When I click on the command button, I
get the error message as expected. Now, I will enter same value in
field-1 and field-2, but remove the entry from field-3. At this point,
when I click the command button, along with the old error message, I get
a new message saying "Field-3 is mandatory". I feel this is wrong
because my values in field-1 and field-2 are same now. So, I should only
get the new message for field-3.

I feel the cause for this issue is that when I click second time, the
check for field-1 and field-2 (which is in my backing bean) is not
happening and instead only the required field validation for field-3 is
happening.

I would like to know if there is any way to solve this problem.

Thanks

~Sandeep

RE: (Trinidad) Refreshing error messages

Posted by sandeep gururaj <sa...@Chordiant.com>.
I would like to know if this issue can be raised in JIRA.

Thanks

~Sandeep