Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Pedro Eli de Leon Robledo <pe...@outlook.com> on 2018/12/05 02:56:02 UTC

Plugins Tutorial

Hello, is out there a tutorial to manually install plugins on netbeans. Change the extension .nbm to .jar and put them on the modules carpet but I don't know how to do it

Re: Plugins Tutorial

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well you need to download and install the nbm itself. That is the
netbeans plugin distribution format. Renaming a simple jar to nbm won't
make it installable.

Also go Tools > Plugins > Downloaded > Add Plugins... to install
manually downloaded plugins.

Or you can try netbeans --install <jar1> <jar2> to install actual jar
files which might work in your case. Though it is a less used feature.