Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Henry Chan <hc...@datawave.ca> on 2002/12/06 23:09:59 UTC

Bug with SAX reader.parse(Reader r)

Hi,

I have a file called: bi.xml with the following contents

<MMTrx>

  <CashCardRequest>

    <TransactionType>BalanceInquiry</TransactionType>

    <CurrencyCode>CAD</CurrencyCode>

    <ProductTrack2>242341234234324</ProductTrack2>

    <TransactionFee>1</TransactionFee>

    <ExternalTerminalID>1234</ExternalTerminalID>

    <ExternalRefInvoiceNo>1</ExternalRefInvoiceNo>

    <UserID>mm</UserID>

    <CashierTerminal>123</CashierTerminal>

    <CustomerID>abc</CustomerID>

  </CashCardRequest>

</MMTrx>

Upon trying to print just the characters, I get the following output

++BalanceInquir**

++y**

++CAD**

++242341234234324**

++1**

++1234**

++1**

++mm**

++123**

++abc**

It appears that my BalanceInquiry elementValue got truncated.

This bug only occurs with passing in a Reader object to parse

passing in a String uri to reader works fine

Can someone confirm this is a bug? (if it is, I wouldn't mind putting

in some time to patch this - unless someone else has a patch)

FYI, this doesn't occur in xerces1.4.4

Cheers,

Henry