Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by ti...@basf-it-services.com on 2002/08/05 17:05:49 UTC

excalibur source code

Hi,

My name is Timo Dreiser and I would like to migrate a cocoon source
implementation to the new cocoon 2.1
Therefore I have to change something in my source code, because several
interfaces are now part of excalibur (e.g. Source).

In cocoon 2.1 I have the jar-file for excalibur ...vm12-20020705.jar.
Can you tell me, how I can get the source for this jar-file?
I have only the source from version 4.1 (2002-01-30) and this does not match.

Timo

BASF IT Services GmbH
ES-AP - RAT17
Timo Dreiser
Tel.: +49 621 60-58634

Re: excalibur source code

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 05:05:49PM +0200, timo.dreiser@basf-it-services.com wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>My name is Timo Dreiser and I would like to migrate a cocoon source
>>implementation to the new cocoon 2.1
>>Therefore I have to change something in my source code, because several
>>interfaces are now part of excalibur (e.g. Source).
>>
>>In cocoon 2.1 I have the jar-file for excalibur ...vm12-20020705.jar.
>>Can you tell me, how I can get the source for this jar-file?
>>I have only the source from version 4.1 (2002-01-30) and this does not match.
>>

>Perhaps Cocoon people should store a snapshot of Excalibur's source when
>creating such jars..

I think David needs to check what exactly Cocoon is using from
Excalibur.  The Excalibur project contains dozens of sub-projects - and
things like Merlin are not being used in the current Cocoon suite. If
David does a checkout the things Cocoon actually need he should not have
any problems.

Cheers, Steve.

>Anyway, you'll have to fetch it from CVS. If you're on Windows, you'll
>need to get WinCVS or cygwin. There's instructions at
>http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html. If you have cygwin/bash,
>type:
>
>export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
>cvs login
>[type 'anoncvs']
>export CVS_RSH=ssh
>cvs checkout jakarta-avalon-excalibur
>cd jakarta-avalon-excalibur    # Get the latest source
>cvs update -D 7/05/02   # Revert back to the Cocoon snapshot
>
>Or let me know and I'll send you a snapshot offlist (it's quite big).
>
>--Jeff
>

>>I am looking forward to hearing from you.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Timo

>>BASF IT Services GmbH
>>ES-AP - RAT17
>>Timo Dreiser
>>Tel.: +49 621 60-58634
>>

>>--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: excalibur source code

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 05:05:49PM +0200, timo.dreiser@basf-it-services.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Timo Dreiser and I would like to migrate a cocoon source
> implementation to the new cocoon 2.1
> Therefore I have to change something in my source code, because several
> interfaces are now part of excalibur (e.g. Source).
>
> In cocoon 2.1 I have the jar-file for excalibur ...vm12-20020705.jar.
> Can you tell me, how I can get the source for this jar-file?
> I have only the source from version 4.1 (2002-01-30) and this does not match.

Perhaps Cocoon people should store a snapshot of Excalibur's source when
creating such jars..

Anyway, you'll have to fetch it from CVS. If you're on Windows, you'll
need to get WinCVS or cygwin. There's instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html. If you have cygwin/bash,
type:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
cvs login
[type 'anoncvs']
export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs checkout jakarta-avalon-excalibur
cd jakarta-avalon-excalibur    # Get the latest source
cvs update -D 7/05/02   # Revert back to the Cocoon snapshot

Or let me know and I'll send you a snapshot offlist (it's quite big).

--Jeff

> I am looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> Regards,
> Timo

> BASF IT Services GmbH
> ES-AP - RAT17
> Timo Dreiser
> Tel.: +49 621 60-58634

Hell is a state of mind. And every state of mind, left to itself,
every shutting up of the creature within the dungeon of it's own
mind -- is, in the end, Hell.
  C.S. Lewis, _The Great Divorce_