Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ronald heller <ro...@salience.nl> on 2001/08/27 09:26:31 UTC

freeze? really slow rendering

Hi,
i have had some difficulties with fop 0.19 and fop 0.20.

first of all I'm processing a 400 page book, and have delt with memory
problems etc.

I use the following startup command to solve my memory error etc:

java -Xms64M -Xmx512M -cp
fop.jar;lib\w3c.jar;lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8

But now I face something else (?!?)

When fop says it's going to render the pages it freezes while doing so.

It just keeps blinking there (i've waited 4 hours to be sure.)

What is going on here, and what is to do about it?

Note when splitting the fo up into 2 smaller parts, both are processed just
fine, my fo is valid against the fo dtd from xep.

plz help.

Ronald