Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn> on 2017/11/11 12:55:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] how to draw attention for binding vote for Trafodion on Apache general mail list?

Hi, all,
I started a VOTE on Apache general list on R2.2 release for Trafodion, but unfortunately, until now, we didn't receive any binding vote. Could our mentors help ? Or others can give me some advices about how to draw attention in that mail list?
Without 3+ binding +1 vote, we cannot release R2.2, I want to get some suggestions in our own community.

thanks,
Ming

RE: [DISCUSS] how to draw attention for binding vote for Trafodion on Apache general mail list?

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,
I'm not sure we should postpone this release to after graduation. We have quite a bit of functionality and have published to the Nexus repo for the first time too.

 This is  the Vote thread from General : https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/97f3696ea5c7c2ce13f7ee3915fe4c4f1a6c63bb678436e91e0578e3@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Last time, we got a couple of voted right away and the last one took a long time. Ming, you can request folks again to take a look. Just use the same Vote thread so it's all in one thread. They usually do step up and help. Since everyone's busy, I think reminders every few days do help .
This was the Release 2.1 Vote Result thread in case it helps to see who voted :

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f433e1b63c6bc56d8e089d9c4ab830e6b3a9bc904b4c915ed2f3e5e7@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Thanks
Sandhya

We could also consider not pursuing to continue that vote and wait until after graduation.

Best regards,

Pierre

--
Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

Re: [DISCUSS] how to draw attention for binding vote for Trafodion on Apache general mail list?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ming ,