Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Barry Mirowsky <bm...@aeropostale.com> on 2001/03/29 19:12:58 UTC

Problem with location of XML & XSL.

Everything works great.  The only problem I been having is that the XML &
XSL documents need to be in the Tomcat/bin directory.  I used the examples
as stated.  I would like to put the documents in the Tomcat/webapps/myApp
directory instead.  Can this be done or is this an limitation of
Apache/Tomcat.

Thanks Barry Mirowsky

RE: Problem with location of XML & XSL.

Posted by Robert Petersen <ro...@orangefood.com>.
I haven't had any problems with the location of the XML documents, I did need to do some work so that I could specify my XSL docs with a relative rather than absolute URL in the stylesheet directive.  To fix this I created something I called a ServletURIResolver, implements URIResolver.  I pass it a ServletContect in the constructor.  If I can't make a URL from the href passed then I create a new (absolute) URL by asking the servlet context to resolve the "real path" of my "relative" XSL doc.  I then simply create a stream source and pass it along. I tell my factory about my URIResolver with a call to setURIResolver( ).

I've attached the source for ServletURIResolver

Robert