Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by raysiu <ra...@adtio.com> on 2003/10/22 04:30:50 UTC

Installation problem

Hi all,

I am a new user of Axis : )

I have installed the Axis. Currently I am trying to validate the Axis
with happyaxis:

Found SAAJ API (javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage) at
C:\apache_group\Tomcat_4.1\common\lib\saaj.jar
Found JAX-RPC API (javax.xml.rpc.Service) at
C:\apache_group\Tomcat_4.1\common\lib\jaxrpc.jar
Found Apache-Axis (org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet) at
C:\apache_group\Tomcat_4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\axis.jar
Found Jakarta-Commons Discovery (org.apache.commons.discovery.Resource)
at
C:\apache_group\Tomcat_4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\commons-discovery.ja
Found Jakarta-Commons Logging (org.apache.commons.logging.Log) at
C:\apache_group\Tomcat_4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar
Found Log4j (org.apache.log4j.Layout) at
C:\apache_group\Tomcat_4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar
Found IBM's WSDL4Java (com.ibm.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactoryImpl) at
C:\apache_group\Tomcat_4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\wsdl4j.jar
Found JAXP implementation (javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory) at an
unknown location
Found Activation API (javax.activation.DataHandler) at
C:\apache_group\Tomcat_4.1\common\lib\activation.jar

In fact in my /common/lib of my tomcat 4.1, it has xerces.jar already. I
have also tried to put the jaxp-api.jar from jwsdp-1.2 to /common/lib,
however the happyaxis still cannot find the JAXP implementation. Which
library should add in order to solve this problem??

Moreover, I have added xmlsec.jar to /common/lib, but the happyaxis
shows the following warning:

Warning: could not find a dependency of class
org.apache.xml.security.Init from file xmlsec.jar
XML Security is not supported
See http://xml.apache.org/security/
The root cause was: null
This can happen e.g. if org.apache.xml.security.Init is in the 'common'
classpath, but a dependency like activation.jar is only in the webapp
classpath.

What is the meaning of "the root cause was: null"??

Thank you!!!

Re: Installation problem

Posted by Stephen Gordon <st...@student.usyd.edu.au>.
Looks like you need to also put Log4J's JAR into the webapp dir as well.
(indicated by the org/apache/log4j/Category error). It must be used by
the XMLSec package.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are others you need as well.
I find it's better to put everything in the webapp dir.
Just as a further comment, make sure you don't use symbolic links for
JAR's anywhere in Tomcat. It doesn't like them (not sure why).

stephen

RE: Installation problem

Re: Installation problem

Posted by Stephen Gordon <st...@student.usyd.edu.au>.