Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/21 03:08:09 UTC

[VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.0.8

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.8, ready to be
voted upon.  It cleans up some problems in 5.0.7 related to Ajax and
client-side validation, and fixes a wide range of bugs.

The files are uploaded to:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/

and a Maven repository:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/

Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
5.0.8, is ready.

I've also created a 5.0.8 tag in Subversion:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.8/

On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
the proper distribution directories.

Vote will run for three days; on success I'll move the voted artifacts
into place and send out appropriate notifications.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.0.8

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
Davor Hrg +1 (non-binding)

just a small annoyance...
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2066
if it makes into 5.0.8 great, if not, ok :)

Davor Hrg

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko +1 (non-binding)

On Jan 21, 2008 3:08 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.8, ready to be
> voted upon.  It cleans up some problems in 5.0.7 related to Ajax and
> client-side validation, and fixes a wide range of bugs.
>
> The files are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehlship/tapestry-releases/>
>
> and a Maven repository:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/>
>
> Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
> 5.0.8, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.0.8 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.8/
>
> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
> the proper distribution directories.
>
> Vote will run for three days; on success I'll move the voted artifacts
> into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.0.8

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Daniel Jue: +1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Jesse Kuhnert: +1 (binding)

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
-0 (non-binding)

TAPESTRY-2069 (Address LGPL issue in DateField component) really should be
addressed.  I'd be -1 on the release had the JIRA issue been opened
previously.  It was discussed on the list, but no issue was set up to track
it, so I'll take the blame for that.

--
Kevin

On 1/20/08 9:08 PM, in article
ecd0e3310801201808t5d5f1c85p9b1bdb7b681f2306@mail.gmail.com, "Howard Lewis

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yep, the process works.

On Jan 22, 2008 5:58 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep - i feel that's the whole idea of this process
>

> On Jan 23, 2008 1:47 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yuck. I can see that being a problem, from the unexpected consequences
> > category.  If it's going to affect every windows user, it is not
> > acceptible.  Ouch.
> >
> > I think I'll want to proceed by finishing what I'm doing right now,
> > TAPESTRY-1724, then fixing TAPESTRY2-2074, then generate a new 5.0.8
> > release tomorrow.  I'll have to update one or two bugs to indicate
> > fixed in 5.0.8 (currently marked as 5.0.9).  Thoughts?
> >
> > On Jan 22, 2008 2:05 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > -1 (binding)
> > > I was just trying simple projects, and it seems that they fail if
> > > project folder has spaces...
> > > (just filed http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2074)
> > >
> > > Now, i'm not sure if this was also the case in 5.0.7, but it'll
> > > trouble / send away newcomers.

> > > --
> > > Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> > > Tapestry / Tacos developer
> > > Open Source / JEE Consulting

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> >
> > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [FAILED] Tapestry Release 5.0.8

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 23, 2008 8:47 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The vote has either failed or been retracted because of TAPESTRY-2074.
>
> I've fixed TAPESTRY-2074.
>
> I'll be generating a new build, 5.0.9.  I'll add a note to 5.0.8's
> release notes that it was rejected.
>
> Expect a new vote on 5.0.9 shortly.

Nice, thanks you!

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

[FAILED] Tapestry Release 5.0.8

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
TAPESTRY-2046 and TAPESTRY-2035 (likely related, if not duplicates) also
make any app used in a non-root context broken without disabling URL
optimization.  I just found this out the hard way when a user told me that
they were getting an exception on an internally deployed app.

This could be a deal breaker for a lot of people as well.

--
Kevin

On 1/22/08 6:47 PM, in article
ecd0e3310801221547o53bad38fi1528379f0563293c@mail.gmail.com, "Howard Lewis