Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/24 18:18:41 UTC

Increase check style line length to 100 characters

Heya folks,

I find the 80 char line length restriction pretty limiting for java code,
given the verbosity of many class and method names. In many cases, it can
make code less readable to have a premature line break. Any objection to
increasing it to 100 characters?

While I'm on the topic, do we have a code style guide for the project?
Spaces vs. tabs, indentation width, hanging open-brackets, etc? I guess
check style enforces a bunch of this for us, but only checks for failures
to meet spec. Would be nice to have IDE formatters to help devs as well.

-n

Re: Increase check style line length to 100 characters

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-644.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.