Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/10/20 15:01:35 UTC

Re: [VIDEO] Geode Clubhouse Replay - New Security Framework for Apache Geode

All,
I've posted the replay to Jinmei's very educational talk yesterday about
the new security framework in Apache Geode.  You can find it here in its
entirety, or you can jump to your favorite section using the table of
contents below:

01:34 How do people interact with Geode in ways that need to be secured?
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=1m34s>
02:52 What security capabilities does Geode need to provide?
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=2m52s>
03:36 How did security work in Geode before?
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=3m36s>
06:49 Overview of new Geode security framework
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=6m49s>
08:14 Code for SecurityManager interface
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=8m14s>
10:21 About Users, Roles, Resource Permissions, and Operations
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=10m21s>
20:09 How to implement application-specific roles
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=20m09s>
23:05 How to implement data-member access control with post processing
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=23m05s>
25:30 Demo of framework using multiple GFSH users
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=25m30s>
36:19 Q: Can someone update security settings while the cluster is running?
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=36m19s>
40:46 How Geode uses Apache Shiro to implement security
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=40m46s>
42:55 Future directions or enhancing security with Apache Shiro
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=42m55s>
44:17 Q: How can the app developer know which user is executing a function?
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=44m17s>
46:50 How does the new security framework fit with Spring Security and
Spring Data Geode? <https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=46m50s>
50:42 <https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=50m42s> For the next version of
Geode, the old security paradigm is supported for backward
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=50m42s>compatibility
51:21 What releases of Geode have the new security functionality?
<https://youtu.be/AhUPT3wfAMM?t=51m21s>

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
Forgot to add some links at the top...

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.