Posted to regexp-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael McCallum <gh...@xtra.co.nz> on 2001/02/18 14:14:55 UTC

[Test Suites]

My plan is to create an ant task that performs a set of tests on a regular
expression.

Something like the following...

<regexptest pattern="w+"/ error="no">
    <test text="a word type thing" match='yes">
      <subexpression text="a"/>
    </test>
</regexptest>

I have not played with the ant source in a while so not sure if its possible
to do this but from memory the sql uses ant in a similar way so should be
possible.

This would be useful for test suites not only for development within the oro
and regexp packages but also for testing re used in other projects.

Will add the ability to use fields and possibly methods in the tests as well.

Michael