Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net> on 2016/03/30 20:10:10 UTC

Re: Re: no backup

Hi,

I think that there were extensions to make backups. Still to be launched manually IIRC but it would add a time stamp so that you keep the history.

Beware, OP not subscribed to the list.

Hagar

RE: Re: no backup

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Thanks Hagar,

Also, for users on Windows 10, there is a built-in backup service that timestamps the backed-up files, so you can have a series of previous versions of a file and should be able to find a good one in that history if there has been a subsequent mishap.

The backups can be directed to an attached USB Drive, providing recovery of documents in the case of catastrophic PC or primary disk failure also.

The backup does not require attention once setup or, if for some reason, the backup becomes full.  It also doesn't appear to interfere with ongoing computer usage at all.