Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Huiqing Zeng <hu...@okta.com.INVALID> on 2024/03/07 01:17:30 UTC

Asking help about upgrade apacheds-kerberos-codec from AM25 to AM27

Hi team,

Sorry to bother you, we have a requirement to upgrade apacheds-kerberos-codec
from 2.0.0.AM25 to 2.0.0.AM27. And we have below code example to do
AesEncrypt based on current 2.0.0.AM25:
*EncryptedData encryptedData = cipherTextHandler.encrypt(encryptionKey,
text, keyUsage); *
*return encryptedData.getCipher();*
But I saw in 2.0.0.AM27, there is no more class definition for e.g:
KeyUsage; CipherTextHandler, wondering what function we could use in
2.0.0.AM27 to do the same logic as above code? Thanks,
Huiqing

Re: Asking help about upgrade apacheds-kerberos-codec from AM25 to AM27

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Hi,

we decided to remove the kerberos related class from ApacheDS in
2.0.0.AM27, as the Kerby server already provides all what is needed,
and more.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 9:20 AM Huiqing Zeng
<hu...@okta.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> Sorry to bother you, we have a requirement to upgrade apacheds-kerberos-codec from 2.0.0.AM25 to 2.0.0.AM27. And we have below code example to do AesEncrypt based on current 2.0.0.AM25:
> EncryptedData encryptedData = cipherTextHandler.encrypt(encryptionKey, text, keyUsage);
> return encryptedData.getCipher();
> But I saw in 2.0.0.AM27, there is no more class definition for e.g: KeyUsage; CipherTextHandler, wondering what function we could use in 2.0.0.AM27 to do the same logic as above code? Thanks,
> Huiqing

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com