Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be> on 2004/03/25 08:39:27 UTC

[CForms][Woody] Transformer eats elements

Hi,

I've noticed that when using a default namespace and the woody transfomer,
elements are disappearing, leaving an empty tag. While searching the devs
maillist, I found the same problem here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107843919628831&w=2.

Is this bug fixed? In which version?

(I'm using 2.1.4 release)

Kind Regards,

Jan

Re: [CForms][Woody] Transformer eats elements

Posted by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be>.
I got it working:-)
FYI, when replacing the lines, the line that contained Constants.TEMPLATE_NS
had to be changed by replacing it by Constants.WT_NS.

Thanx,
Jan

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 25.03.2004 19:37, Tim Larson wrote:

>>Just compare both versions and add the three lines to your
>>EffectWidgetReplacingPipe:
>

> You actually need all three colored areas from the link below: 9 lines.

This "three lines" was not meant to be exact. It's more a dictum for
belittlement. :)

Joerg

Re: [CForms][Woody] Transformer eats elements

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 25.03.2004 16:09, Jan Hoskens wrote:
> Ok, I'll give it a try! :)
> Can I just use that EffectWidgetReplacingPipe.java. replace it and rebuild
> the cocoon then? Or is it a patch file that I need?

Just compare both versions and add the three lines to your
EffectWidgetReplacingPipe:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/transformation/EffectWidgetReplacingPipe.java?r1=1.4&r2=1.5&diff_format=h

A patch will probably not be apply-able as you would need to apply it to
another file (woody instead of forms). But you can try it. You can
generate the patch yourself with following line:

cvs diff -u -r 1.4 -r 1.5

Cocoon 2.1.5-dev ?

Posted by Martín Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar>.
Hi users!

is the version that appears in
http://apache.mesi.com.ar/cocoon/cocoon-2.1.5-src.tar.gz, the 2.1.5-dev one
?

thanks!

Cocoon 2.1 + Encryption

Posted by Martín Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar>.
Hi users,
I've installed everything like appars in
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FOPPDFEncryption but I can't get it
working, could it be a problem with the API? Can anybody tell me what jar
should be placed and where?
I've tried putting bcprov-jdk14-123.jar in the jre/lib directory of my JDK
as well as jboss' lib directory (I'm running jboss/tomcat/cocoon), and I've
also configured the serializer thing in the sitemap file. I can get the app
running though, but my PDF still allows printing and saving...any idea?

thanks!

Re: Read Only PDF

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 3 juin 04, à 15:40, Matthias Stöckel a écrit :

> It's quite easy. You can find the information here:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FOPPDFEncryption

hehe...right before our very eyes ;-)
-Bertrand

Re: Read Only PDF

Posted by Matthias Stöckel <Ma...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi Martin,

I think there is no way to prohibit the user from saving a pdf file. You
can disable only the printing, copy and editing feature.
But with encryption enabled it isn't so easy to modifiy the file after
it has been saved. There are some tools which can actually crack this
encryption within a short time, but for normal use this shouldn't matter.
Did you have a look at the FOP page and did you install a crypto provider?
Cheers
   Matthias

RE: Read Only PDF

Posted by Martin Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar>.
Well, I meant "I CAN still save it with the reader"

RE: Read Only PDF

Posted by Martin Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar>.
Thanks very much Matthias!

Re: Read Only PDF

Posted by Matthias Stöckel <Ma...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.

Re: Read Only PDF

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:
>> ...Is it possible to generate a "read only" PDF with Cocoon so that it
>> can't be
>> modified later with any other pdf tool ?...
>
> I think FOP provides some extensions to encrypt generated PDFs - you
> might want to search the FOP mailing list archives or web site. I think
> it is possible but don't know the details.

Now, I remember some related post in some of the Cocoon list. Search also
the archives: users and devel.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Read Only PDF

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Read Only PDF

Posted by Martín Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar>.
Hi users!

Re: Jboss 3.2.1 - Cocoon 2.1

Posted by defe <de...@free.fr>.
Martín Mauri wrote:

>Hello users,
>
>I´ve succesfully deployed the Cocoon war file over JBOSS 3.2.1, but now I
>need to start adding application that work with cocoon. My question is that
>I simply can package my apps in .war files and simply deploy them or I need
>to do something else? how does cocoon realize that it's a cocoon app what
>I'm trying to deploy?
>
>thanks!
>
>Martin

hi,
 creating an ear containing a war (with cocoon) and a jar (with your
ejbs) might do the job.
in you jboss application.xml :
<application>
  <module>
     <ejb>myproject.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
      <web>myproject.war</web>
  </module>
</application>

where myproject.war your cocoon webapp, including your special code to
communicate with you ejbs.

hope it helps

defe

Jboss 3.2.1 - Cocoon 2.1