Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Amit Verma <am...@agnity.com> on 2010/04/29 09:21:48 UTC

Message marked as SEEN, but the folder does not support a permanent SEEN flag

Hi

I have changed  the following configurations in addition to accounts &
server details in james-fetchmail.xml file to use POP3 feature of james.

   <fetchall>false</fetchall>

   <userundefined reject="false" leaveonserver="true" markseen="true" />

As per my requirement I have to receive mails for user not defined in james
and to do some operation on that. In addition to this, an original copy of
fetched mail must also remain in the server.

By using the above configurations I am able to fetch the mails but its
creating an infinite loop by fetching same mail again n again. In logs I am
getting following error

"Message marked as SEEN, but the folder does not support a permanent SEEN
flag".

It seems because of this it is infinitely fetching the mail from server
inspite of it being marked as seen.Please let me know do I  need to
configure something such that mail is permanenetly marked as seen?

Thanks in advance

Amit Verma