Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/21 09:51:05 UTC

[daemon] Increase the timeout when starting the service

Hello!
  I'm using procrun 64 bit on Windows R2 2008 Enterprise. I have a
processes that are lengthy (10-15seconds)   in terms of starup. This I
think is the cause that service startup timeout and the procrun fails with
the error:
*The data area passed to a system call is too small.
*
Can you please tell me if there is any possibility to set up the startup
service timeout? Or how I should proceed with the Java API in start method
to short the time os starting?
My processes are doing some network connection to external datasources that
takes a while to connect to them. This is the reason why it takes so long
to start.

I'll look forward for your answers.
 Regards,
   Florin