Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Nutter, Ronald" <Nu...@bv.com> on 2014/10/29 17:16:36 UTC

Trying to do LDAPS with Tomcat 7 on windows

I am trying to implement an application from a vendor who has deployed it using Tomcat.
Due to a client requirement, I need to use LDAPS to talk to their AD Directory service.  I have it working on LDAP, so I know the config is correct at that point.
Where I am having a problem is figuring out how to import the cert from the CA I have setup on the AD server.
Everything I can find mentions commands that aren't on the windows server that Tomcat 7 is installed on.
I tried installing the openssl tools that I found but I still don't have the commands to import a cert.
Have been looking on Google without any success.

Would appreciate any suggestions or links on how to get this working.

Thanks,
Ron

Re: Trying to do LDAPS with Tomcat 7 on windows

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 29.10.2014 um 19:52 schrieb Nutter, Ronald:
> I have found where keytool is on the server where java has been installed.
> What I think I am supposed to do is export a cert from the server running ldap.  As I understand the documentation I have found, I should export the certificate with private keys.
> I have tried windows certmgr and certsrv and don't have an option to export the private keys even when I am logged in as Administrator on the server.
You do not need the private key of the server. After you have imported
the cert into a java keystore, you will have to add that keystore as a
truststore to your jvm.

Regards
  Felix