Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mirko Görgen <mg...@ipylon.de> on 2004/10/06 16:03:33 UTC

Lucene build index time-out

Hi

When I try to build an index using Lucene (to be more specific I ´m
using the block demo for this task) it seems that I went into an
timeout. You can watch Browser is still trying to load the Page but it
simple does nothing anymore. Another funny thing, after this process is
"timed-out" the page could not be opened anymore. Only restarting
Tomcat  helps to clean this situation. On the other site different url
also using cocoon are accessable.

I use Cocoon 2.15.1, Tomcat  5.0.28 j2sdk1.4.1_05 and Linux Redhat. (I´m
trying to index a personal page, not the doc files)

If I try to reproduce this situation an a different machine using
Windows 2000 I get "too many open files" error, but this seems a

So a couple of problems, but maybe there is a solution?

kindly regards

Mirko