Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Scott Harris <sc...@harrisnet.id.au> on 2013/09/05 04:12:29 UTC

Purpose of proxy.config.http.cache.cluster_cache_local

Can someone explain the purpose of the new feature and option :
proxy.config.http.cache.cluster_cache_local

I was hoping this allowed me to run in cluster mode and if I made a request
to a member that does not have it stored locally (but was stored on another
member) it would retrieve it from another member and then cache locally.
Subsequent requests could then be served from cache from 2 cache members.

>From testing if an object is stored on a member in the cluster and you hit
a member that does not have it stored it retrieves from the origin server.

I may be missing something but what is the point of running in full cluster
mode with proxy.config.http.cache.cluster_cache_local set to 1?

Re: Purpose of proxy.config.http.cache.cluster_cache_local

Posted by Scott Harris <sc...@harrisnet.id.au>.
I will run my test again on monday but my testing is showing the opposite.
I have no rules at all in cache.config but all my test cases would result
in cache to local.

Posted by Yongming Zhao <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Harris <sc...@harrisnet.id.au>.

Posted by Scott Harris <sc...@harrisnet.id.au>.
I have submitted an improvement issue for this :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2184

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yongming Zhao <mi...@gmail.com>.