Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/18 21:18:21 UTC

[m2] install:install-file ignores localRepository?

I'm trying to install a third-party .jar into a repository (on a
shared drive) that is different from my local repository:

(reformatted for readability)
> mvn install:install-file
     -DartifactId=asjava
     -Dfile=asjava.zip
     -DgroupId=asjava.uniobjects
     -DlocalRepository=e:\projects\repository
     -Dpackaging=jar -Dversion=6.1

gives:

[INFO] [install:install-file]
[INFO] Installing c:\ibm\unidk\uojsdk\lib\asjava.zip to
C:\java\m2-repository\asjava\uniobjects\asjava\6.1\asjava-6.1.jar

And that's my local repository, not where I wanted it to go.  Does
localRepository not do what I think it does, or can it not override
the one in settings.xml?

How do I get this file installed into our shared repository?  (I
suppose I could temporarily change settings.xml to point at this
one...)

Ref. http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/install-file-mojo.html

Wendy

Re: [m2] install:install-file ignores localRepository?

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
Hmm...

I have a different repo location too but install-file is working
perfectly on my machine.

I'm using 2.0.1 though.

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi Wendy,