Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Kaspar Fischer <fi...@inf.ethz.ch> on 2008/10/09 18:03:52 UTC

[OT] Process modelling (with Wicket front-end)

Can anybody recommend a good process modelling tool that integrates
with Wicket?

We would like to use such a tool for many activities in our
organziation:

- We show processes to our end-users as part of our knowledge
information centre
   website. So we need to present processes, interactively, if
possible. The website
   (including the CMS front-end) runs on Wicket and ideally, we would
like to
   edit the processes in a Wicket GUI, too.

- We are starting to provide e-learning solutions and there, too, it
might be
   helpful to structure a course with a process modeller.

- We use processes internally for certain documents (in Alfresco CMS).

I have slightly touched jBPM as it is used in Alfresco CMS, and I have
watched
the presentation <http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3/demos/movies/jbpm-overview.htm

given at <http://www.jboss.com/products/jbpm>. Also, I have read a
little about
YAWL and heard of BPDM but as I lack experience with these tools/
models, I
wonder: What state-of-the-art tools (in Java) are out there, and has
anybody
managed to get integration with Wicket?

Thanks,
Kaspar

Re: [OT] Process modelling (with Wicket front-end)

Posted by Daan van Etten <da...@stuq.nl>.
Hi Kaspar,

We use jBPM for our processes. We don't manage the processes from
Wicket, as there is a nice plugin Eclipse for it.
jBPM uses Java and Hibernate, so you can create any GUI you like in
Wicket and show underlying jBPM stuff (like tasks, processes, etcetera)

Regards,

Daan