Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ed...@gmx.li on 2007/01/22 15:35:57 UTC

Write Permission on Tomcat from Java code

Tomcat: 5.5.20, Java: 1.4.2_12, JVM: 1.5.0_07-b03, WinXp, (Eclipse 3.2, Axis 1.2).

Hi, I have deployed a web service in AXIS on Tomcat for reading and writing xml files from/on my system. Both work fine if I call the web service via the Firefox Browser.

But when I call the web service from a Java Midlet on a Cell Phone via bluetooth connection only reading works. Writing from the cell phone to my system doesn't work.

In catalina.policy I added allready:

grant codeBase {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

But it doesn't work. Can anybody help, please?

Thanks
edvin

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail