Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jeff Greenberg <je...@websciences.org> on 2002/12/13 23:03:50 UTC

Newbie Installing under Windows

I am considering using Slide for the document management portion of a
project my company is currently working on. Having downloaded the latest
source from CVS and having built the project, I noticed that several
directories mentioned in the install and configuration instructions are
empty (most notably, the "server" directory).

Do I need to download a binary distribution first, then install the CVS
version over that? I had tried getting everything to work by downloading and
installing the standalone Tomcat server, but, although Tomcat would work on
its own, once I copied Slide files into the Tomcat directory, it stopped
working all together while giving me a class not found error. Am I missing
something here?

Also, does anyone know if there are issues with installing Slide under
Windows XP? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff Greenberg
Senior Programmer - Web Sciences
jeff@websciences.org

Re: Newbie Installing under Windows

Posted by Jeff Greenberg <je...@websciences.org>.
Thanks for the reply, Andreas. Something must have gone screwy on my first
installation attempt. I will try again.

JG

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Jeff,