Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Robert Mertens <rm...@ptc.com> on 2000/08/06 14:12:56 UTC

RE: Propfind

I am running Slide with Tomcat.When using the database store, the href that
is returned, contains the absolute address as stored in the database.  In
order for it to work with dav_explorer and web folders, it requires the
servlet uri to be prepended.

When accessing the root node, the dav_native flag is set to false.  This
flag remains set even for children e.g. depth=1.  I don't think this is the
correct behaviour.  Probably it would be best to pick up all properties
(including root), and then override if dav_native is set to false.  This
will allow us to set proprieatry attributes for Microsoft and other DAV
applications as they come along.

Bob

Re: Propfind

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> I am running Slide with Tomcat.When using the database store, the href
that
> is returned, contains the absolute address as stored in the database.  In
> order for it to work with dav_explorer and web folders, it requires the
> servlet uri to be prepended.

The path related problems are one of the most annoying problems I have to
solve. Just appending the Slide object's URI is not enough, because Slide
may not be mapped to the root context (or to the root path), so indeed I
have to make a mix with the request URI.

> When accessing the root node, the dav_native flag is set to false.  This
> flag remains set even for children e.g. depth=1.  I don't think this is
the
> correct behaviour.

The non native mode is forced on the root node and its immediate children. I
did this because those node are usually created by the bootstrap, and do not
contain the necessary DAV properties.

> Probably it would be best to pick up all properties
> (including root), and then override if dav_native is set to false.  This
> will allow us to set proprieatry attributes for Microsoft and other DAV
> applications as they come along.

I suggest doing the following things :
- Enforce the required DAV properties on every object
- Also enforce that an object has a least one revision
- Remove non native mode, since all the required properties would be
enforced
- Fix the paths related problems. I'm debugging these right now for the DAV
servlet I'm writing for Catalina.
- Improve namespace support

Remy