Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au> on 2003/04/23 08:37:27 UTC

Action Class Life Cycle

Hi All,
I have a question that Are The Action Classes tied to a JSP portlet
instantiated for each request or each session OR Is there no guarantee
about the Action class instantiation (and all depends on turbine)?

As I have some instance variables that I need to initialise when user
first logs in and these values will remain same for the whole session for
that particular user.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Javed

RE: Action Class Life Cycle

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
> Hi All,
> I have a question that Are The Action Classes tied to a JSP portlet
> instantiated for each request or each session OR Is there no guarantee
> about the Action class instantiation (and all depends on turbine)?
>
> As I have some instance variables that I need to initialise when user
> first logs in and these values will remain same for the whole session for
> that particular user.

Using instance variables in actions is not a good idea (especially if module
caching is on). Use PortletSessionState class instead of instance variables.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/