Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2002/05/01 01:06:43 UTC

RE: [4.1.0] Anyone testing it ?

I'm trying to make a rpm for it but I'm stuck
with chicken-eggs problems between TC 4.1.0
and JTC (ditto for latest TC 4.0.4 and JTC).

To follow rpm policies I should avoid using
pre-built binaries (like commons-logging,
coyote, http11....).

And coyote/http11/jk need tomcat 4 to be built !

I'll have to try some kind of bootstrap action
in my rpm, start compiling TC 4.x with binaries,
then goes to JTC and rebuild it against newly
built TC 4.x, then install these in place of
bundled binaries ?(8

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)

RE: [4.1.0] Anyone testing it ?

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Wed, 1 May 2002, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> And coyote/http11/jk need tomcat 4 to be built !
>
> I'll have to try some kind of bootstrap action
> in my rpm, start compiling TC 4.x with binaries,
> then goes to JTC and rebuild it against newly
> built TC 4.x, then install these in place of
> bundled binaries ?(8

I think you can compile coyote without 4.x/3.x
( it has autodetection and will not compile the parts
that depend on tomcat ). Then you can compile the rest
of jtc, as it depends only on coyote.

Then 3.3/4.x, and recompile coyote to get the
tomcat specific part.

Costin