Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "mrisaliti@libero.it" <mr...@libero.it> on 2007/10/26 13:23:12 UTC

Enhance the integration with Google Product

Hi to all,

So I can start to move the integration of Google Product Search that now is inside the product application to a specialpurpose application ?
Which application name I have to use ?
googleProductSearch is too long ?
May I have to create a new file for the labels(GoogleProductSearchUiLabels) specific for this application and removed the labels used by "Export to Google Product Search" in it ?
The link "Export to Google Product Search" on the product search will point to the new application but
the request/view map has to be remain into the product application.
If you agree with me I can proceed and create a new issue/patch to implement this new feature.

Thanks in advance
Marco

Re: Enhance the integration with Google Product

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
How about googleBase? That seems to be the name of the actual interface.

Scott

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
As time permits :-)

Thanks
Scott

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Nice to see you back Scott :o)

Jacques

De : "Scott Gray" <le...@gmail.com>

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Should probably throw my 2 cents in on the rest:

On 27/10/2007, mrisaliti@libero.it <mr...@libero.it> wrote:

> So I can start to move the integration of Google Product Search that now
> is inside the product application to a specialpurpose application ?

Yes please :-)

May I have to create a new file for the labels(GoogleProductSearchUiLabels)
> specific for this application and removed the labels used by "Export to
> Google Product Search" in it ?

Yeah they would need to be moved to the new app

The link "Export to Google Product Search" on the product search will point
> to the new application but
> the request/view map has to be remain into the product application.

You would remove the link in the catalog app, and create a new screen in the
new app specifically for exporting the products reusing the existing
artifacts from the catalog app.

If you agree with me I can proceed and create a new issue/patch to implement
> this new feature.

Please do :-) thanks Marco

Regards
Scott