Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jignesh Patel <ji...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/23 19:59:56 UTC

using updated abase-client jar with older version

We are on the version 0.98.7 and hbase and we are trying to use
hbase-client 2.3.3 and it crashes hregion server. Since we are upgrading
from JDK 8 to JDK 17 we can't use our old library of hbase-client -0.98.7.
We are trying to use the filters.

Any guidance on this challenge is highly appreciated.

-Jignesh

Re: using updated abase-client jar with older version

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
0.98.x has been EOL for years, please at least upgrade the server to 1.7.x
and try again.

IIRC, although HBase does not guarantee the compatibility between higher
client and lower server, but the 2.x client and 1.x server can community
when you just use basic read/write/scan operations.

Thanks.

Tamas Penzes <ta...@cloudera.com.invalid> 于2022年6月28日周二 00:35写道:

Posted by Tamas Penzes <ta...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.