Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sh...@ngc.com on 2004/03/09 21:56:04 UTC

Compression Filter

I'm trying to implement a compression filter on the HTTP response similar to that discussed in http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/11/19/filters.html?page=1.

I've tried:

- Configuring the filter to handle *.do as a url-pattern, instead of the servlet-name "action".
- Commenting out the compression code entirely, leaving only
	GZIPResponseWrapper wrappedResponse = new GZIPResponseWrapper(res);
      chain.doFilter(req, wrappedResponse);
- Executing the compression on a subclass of ActionServlet (after the super's doGet/doPost are called).

...but still the same results.

We are running Struts on Sybase EAServer 4.2, by the way.

Thanks in advance,

Shahak Nagiel
Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems