Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/03/23 16:58:35 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday March 24 12 PM PDT 20 CET

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday March 24 12:00 PM Pacific
Daylight Time (PDT) 20:00 Central Europe Time (CET) to discuss JDO TCK
issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype
account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:
1. Help getting xsd and dtd files into db.apache.org/jdo site
2. New PR #39 "JDO-807: Update schema descriptor of JDO Metadata file"
https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/39
     New JIRA JDO-807
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JDO/issues/JDO-807
3. JIRA JDO-805 "Consolidate download pages"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-805
4. JIRA  JDO-806 "Use apache URL for schemaLocation of JDO XSDs"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-806
5. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Feb 24 2022] AI All review the JIRA and agree on the location of the
xsd and dtd files.
[Feb 24 2022] AI Craig update the JIRA JDO-next about move the
specification to a different repo
[Feb 17 2022] AI everyone JDO-805 take a look and comment on the proposal.
[Feb 02 2022] AI Craig file a JIRA with infra to change reply-to
notifications @ db.apache.org
[Jan 27 2022] AI Craig update the instructions in the 3.2  branch and
create a new PR for the changes. This will include putting the proposed
release into the dev directory before the vote.
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants
in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the
JDO and DB web sites. https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Dec 02 2021] AI Tobias: find how to update and generate the
db.apache.org web site. Message private@db.apache.org and ask if anyone
has the latest information. If no response, ask users@infra.apache.org
for the truth.
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert
Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?

Regards Michael

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday March 24 12 PM PDT 20 CET

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday March 31 11:00 PDT 20:00 CEDT

Agenda:
1. Help getting xsd and dtd files into db.apache.org/jdo site

One issue is with the git build process that we set up. Fixed now.

The location for the source xsd and dtd files is now in db-jdo-site/src/main/resources/other/xmlns that is published to db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns

Open question: why is there a need for "other/" instead of simply putting xmlns into the resources directory?

2. New PR #39 "JDO-807: Update schema descriptor of JDO Metadata file" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/39
    New JIRA JDO-807 https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JDO/issues/JDO-807

This changes the revision of the metadata headers but preserves the name space as jcp.org

Good to go. We will revisit the namespace once JDO-806 is done. Once that is complete, we will change the name space to db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns

[...]

Craig L Russell
javadog.clr@gmail.com
1220 University Ave
San Jose, CA 95126