Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> on 2009/03/19 17:36:36 UTC

Google Summer of Code '09

Hi,

I've updated our GSoC ideas page with a brain dump list.
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/GSoC

It's neither complete nor comprehensive. Please add more and flesh out
what's there. We should see what ones get filled out into proper ideas
that we can promote to the main Apache wiki ASAP.

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Google Summer of Code '09

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm gonna give a shot to Apache GSOC people about my last experience I had
> in GSOC 2008 during ApacheCon. I did it at ApacheCon US too and probably
> they'll be able to allocate more than two projects for Qpid this time.

Sweet! Thanks dude!

I think the thing we're going to be most constrained by is mentor
availability, I'm not sure we really have capacity to take more than 2
students this year. It does take up a surprising amount of time.

Re: Google Summer of Code '09

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.
Hi Aidan,

I'm gonna give a shot to Apache GSOC people about my last experience I had
in GSOC 2008 during ApacheCon. I did it at ApacheCon US too and probably
they'll be able to allocate more than two projects for Qpid this time.

Lahiru

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've updated our GSoC ideas page with a brain dump list.
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/GSoC
>
> It's neither complete nor comprehensive. Please add more and flesh out
> what's there. We should see what ones get filled out into proper ideas
> that we can promote to the main Apache wiki ASAP.
>
> - Aidan
> --
> Apache Qpid - World Domination through Advanced Message Queueing
> http://qpid.apache.org

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Apache Qpid, Worlds dominant messaging middleware..!!!

Re: Google Summer of Code '09

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Do we have some C++ mentors out there (along with Carl) ?

Be good to here from anyone on the C++ side who feels able to mentor this
year.

It does take up some time, but the results can be very useful.

Bfn,
Marnie

Re: Google Summer of Code '09

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.

Re: Google Summer of Code '09

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've updated our GSoC ideas page with a brain dump list.
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/GSoC
>
> It's neither complete nor comprehensive. Please add more and flesh out
> what's there. We should see what ones get filled out into proper ideas
> that we can promote to the main Apache wiki ASAP.
>
> - Aidan

This is quite a list. I think we should pull the list of ideas together
for this year and then debate the list down to
maybe 3 items that we offer up for GSoC.

thoughts?
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org