Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/23 05:32:54 UTC

Job constructore deprecation

Hi guys : I have noticed that the comments for this class encourage us to
use the Job constructors, yet, they are deprecated.

http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.html

What is the idiomatic way to create a Job in hadoop ? And why have the job
constructors been deprecated ?

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Re: Job constructore deprecation

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Jay,

That link is for 0.22 docs. Its not deprecated in 0.20/1.0 which is
what you are probably using. See the right
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.html
page.

Right ways:

In 0.20.x or 1.x: Job job = new Job();
Moving to 2.x: Job job = Job.getInstance();

--
Harsh J