Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Günther Palfinger <pa...@e-mundo.de> on 2005/05/02 13:52:23 UTC

New Lenya Live Site

www.helium5.com - ERP System for Small and Medium Companies

Based on Lenya 1.2 and code samples of Unizh.

Kind Regards,
Gunther

Re: New Lenya Live Site

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Mon, 2 May 2005, Marc D. Murray wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 13:52 +0200, Günther Palfinger wrote:
>
> > www.helium5.com - ERP System for Small and Medium Companies
> >

> > Based on Lenya 1.2 and code samples of Unizh.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Gunther

> Nice work Gunther. I just sent a mail about that same sample
> publication.
>
> I have one question/concern though :
>
> Both your site and the other one mentioned [http://www.patst.com.au/]
> have .../lenya/... in the links on the site. Was this done on purpose?

Usually this is done due to the session problem which is described in:

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToModProxy

If you install lenya whithin the ROOT context you can get rid of the
/lenya prefix.

> One of the reasons I'm trying to make a departure from IIS/ASP.NET/C# to
> Apache/Cocoon/Lenya is for the non-cryptic urls that it affords me.
> Non-cryptic and non-platform-exposing/platform-specific urls.
>
> I have a (offline) site I'm workin on using Lenya and on the live url
> (offline too) all my menu links and what-not link from the site root
> (/news.html /people.html ). The site root in apache is pointed to
> servername:8080/lenya/fj/live
>
> I think I also followed the instructions on
> http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/tutorial/mod_proxy_and_lenya.html and
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToModProxy

Jann

Re: New Lenya Live Site

Posted by "Marc D. Murray" <ma...@phronein.com>.
On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 13:52 +0200, Günther Palfinger wrote:

> www.helium5.com - ERP System for Small and Medium Companies
>

> Based on Lenya 1.2 and code samples of Unizh.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Gunther

Nice work Gunther. I just sent a mail about that same sample
publication.

I have one question/concern though :

Both your site and the other one mentioned [http://www.patst.com.au/]
have .../lenya/... in the links on the site. Was this done on purpose?

One of the reasons I'm trying to make a departure from IIS/ASP.NET/C# to
Apache/Cocoon/Lenya is for the non-cryptic urls that it affords me.
Non-cryptic and non-platform-exposing/platform-specific urls.

I have a (offline) site I'm workin on using Lenya and on the live url
(offline too) all my menu links and what-not link from the site root
(/news.html /people.html ). The site root in apache is pointed to
servername:8080/lenya/fj/live

I think I also followed the instructions on
http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/tutorial/mod_proxy_and_lenya.html and
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToModProxy

Check it out guys.

Marc DM