Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/02/03 22:50:37 UTC

[Release] Avalon Framework 4.1.4 Release Candidate 1

The Framework release candidate 1 is located here:

http://avalon.apache.org/~bloritsch/framework-dist/

Note:

For the source distribution I want to get rid of all
the documentation generating stuff.

Is most of this moved over to the jakarta-avalon-site
module already?

If so, let's clean this up.  3MB of source is a bit much for an
58KB JAR.

Re: [Release] Avalon Framework 4.1.4 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Berin:

Should be able to check into this shortly and confirm - I'm currently
locked into a deepish problem and hope to be back on deck in 24 hours.

Cheers, Steve.

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The Framework release candidate 1 is located here:
>
> http://avalon.apache.org/~bloritsch/framework-dist/
>

> Note:
>
> For the source distribution I want to get rid of all
> the documentation generating stuff.
>
> Is most of this moved over to the jakarta-avalon-site
> module already?
>
> If so, let's clean this up.  3MB of source is a bit much for an
> 58KB JAR.

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net

Re: [Release] Avalon Framework 4.1.4 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Leo Simons wrote:

>> Developing with Avalon isn't, (it's still docbook formatted), which is
>> why the current docs are still in proposal/ and the old cruft remains.
>> It's on Nicola's TODO but I can maybe look at it tonight.
>

> I'm testing about using it in docbook format directly instead of
> converting it.
> Would this be ok?

Sure.

Re: [Release] Avalon Framework 4.1.4 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> Developing with Avalon isn't, (it's still docbook formatted), which is
>> why the current docs are still in proposal/ and the old cruft remains.
>> It's on Nicola's TODO but I can maybe look at it tonight.
>
> I'm testing about using it in docbook format directly instead of
> converting it.
> Would this be ok?

sure thing. Whatever works goes.

cheers,

- Leo

Re: [Release] Avalon Framework 4.1.4 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:

> Developing with Avalon isn't, (it's still docbook formatted), which is
> why the current docs are still in proposal/ and the old cruft remains.
> It's on Nicola's TODO but I can maybe look at it tonight.

I'm testing about using it in docbook format directly instead of
converting it.
Would this be ok?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [Release] Avalon Framework 4.1.4 Release Candidate 1

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> The Framework release candidate 1 is located here:
>
> http://avalon.apache.org/~bloritsch/framework-dist/
>
> Note:
>
> For the source distribution I want to get rid of all
> the documentation generating stuff.
>
> Is most of this moved over to the jakarta-avalon-site
> module already?

Developing with Avalon isn't, (it's still docbook formatted), which is
why the current docs are still in proposal/ and the old cruft remains.
It's on Nicola's TODO but I can maybe look at it tonight.

We also need to configure the sitemap
(http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html#semantic_linking) so that it
replaces the broken links with references to avalon.apache.org.

> If so, let's clean this up.  3MB of source is a bit much for an
> 58KB JAR.

+1

cheers,

- Leo