Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Britta Ladwig-Attinger <BL...@t-online.de> on 2001/06/28 20:06:16 UTC

path to the intake.xml file

I am trying to use the Intake Service in TDK 2.1 b4

in TurbineResources I have:

tool.request.intake=org.apache.turbine.services.intake.IntakeTool
services.IntakeService.xml.path=WEB-INF/conf/intake.xml

I am able to access the IntakeTool in my java code but the
	isAllValid()
method always returns true, even if rules from my intake.xml are not okay.

So I got the impression that turbine doesn't find my intake.xml file at all.
I made a test with deleting the intake.xml,
restarted my application and all stayed the same:
it obviously doesn't find the file.

Which is the correct way to tell the system where to look for the intake.xml
file?

Britt

Britta Ladwig-Attinger
bladwig@t-online.de
Tel. 0171-8220393 und 08142-597963
Fax 08142-597964

Re: path to the intake.xml file

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> I have upgraded to 2.1 release and ny problem remains the same:
> in TurbineResources I have:
>
> tool.request.intake=org.apache.turbine.services.intake.IntakeTool

Have you uncommented the following line that appears before this?

services.IntakeService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.intake.TurbineIntakeService

In all there should be three lines in TR.properties that refer to
intake - the two in your message and the one above.

> # Intake Service
> services.IntakeService.xml.path=WEB-INF/conf/intake.xml

That looks like the default, so turbine will look for intake.xml in the
location specified beneath the webapp/newapp directory.

> The intake.xml looks like:
>
> <input-data basePackage="com.mmi.site.">
> <group name="Order" key="order">
> <field name="Email" key="email" type="String">
>   <rule name="minLength" value="1">Please enter an email address</rule>
>   <rule name="mask" value=".+@.+\..+">Please enter a valid email
> address</rule>
>   </field>
>   </group>
> </input-data>
>
> (I have also tried it with rule: type=required only and with
> rule: type=required AND rule minLength="1")

I found it worthwhile to validate my intake.xml file with a validating
xml parser.  This picked up a couple of problems I didn't spot
while validating the file manually.

Before I started using JavaService to wrapper Tomcat (on
Win2000) I used to see a line on the console mentioning that
Resolver (presumably an XML entity resolver) had accessed
intake.dtd - this is a good sign that  the file is found and read
- do you see this?

> I am able to access the IntakeTool in my java code - also the group and its
> field, but the
> isAllValid()
> method always returns true, even if rules from my intake.xml are not okay.
>
> So I got the impression that turbine doesn't find my intake.xml file at all.
> I made a test with deleting the intake.xml,
> restarted my application and all stayed the same:
> it obviously doesn't find the file.

I seem to recall errors in turbine.log making it pretty obvious that
intake.xml could not be found.  If you don't have these, I suggest
that you don't have intake properly configured.

> Which is the correct way to tell the system where to look for the intake.xml
> file?

You are telling it the location correctly (assuming the file is where you
are saying it is) - I think your problem is elsewhere.

> Britt

Keep at it.  Intake is well worth the effort.

Scott

RE: NEW: path to the intake.xml file

Posted by Britta Ladwig-Attinger <BL...@t-online.de>.
Jon,
that's exactly what I did, I looked at the code on the Scarab webpage
and I can't see me doing anything different to them.

Also see mail from Diogo (06/29/01) who says he has the same problem.

May be here's is the root to my problem (???):

I am using the intake fields in a .vm file which includes the following:

<form method="post" action="$link.setPage("xx.vm").setAction("myAction")

in myAction.java I am trying to validate:
get the intake class from the context and
	intake.isAllValid()
always returns true

my intake.xml looks like
<input-data basePackage="com.mmi.site.">
	<group name="Order" key="order">
		<field name="Email" key="email" type="String">
 			<rule name="minLength" value="1">Please enter an email address</rule>
  			<rule name="mask" value=".+@.+\..+">Please enter a valid email
address</rule>
  		</field>
  	</group>
</input-data>

I would deeply appreciate any help on that,
thanks,
Britta

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Posted by Britta Ladwig-Attinger <BL...@t-online.de>.

>>> I am trying to use the Intake Service in TDK 2.1 b4

>Sorry, we don't support questions against any of the past beta's. You need
>to upgrade to the released version: 2.1

>-jon

Makes sense!

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/28/01 11:06 AM, "Britta Ladwig-Attinger" <BL...@t-online.de> wrote:

> I am trying to use the Intake Service in TDK 2.1 b4

Sorry, we don't support questions against any of the past beta's. You need
to upgrade to the released version: 2.1

Thanks,